Pages

Sunday 20 August 2017

One of the best projects or achievements - Marnie Harrington

If someone asked me what one of my best projects or achievements were, I'd answer 'Just one?' but I've thought about it and I've come up for you, The Small Terror!!!!

The Small Terror is a movie. Well, it's more than just one movie, The Small Terror has a sequel and
a third, unpublished script (this post has spoilers btw so if you're planning on watching it or the sequel which i recommend, do so now below \/ ). But they've been very fun to make! Very tedious and hard work (Especially the editing). The first movie (released 23 March) only goes for two minutes and took lots of hours to edit but personally, i feel that the end result was very much worth it! It was actually quite spontaneous and unplanned, we were having a gathering in our school room and I had my camera out so Brooke and I first started making the movie with just us. We did the scene where she stole my watch and then we got my mother involved, then Emily and then by the end of it, I got everyone running and screaming like lunatics across the backyard in front of the camera! More than once. It was quite funny! The sequel was very much planned (unlike the first movie) with a shooting schedule, scripts etc. but both movies were great in their own way! The first was more about the action (With a particular focus on the running and screaming bits) Whereas, the second one and a lot of different angles more of a focus on dialog. I have recently Re-edited the movies to add better and royalty free music because the first times i just added what ever i could really find and didn't really care much because I wasn't into promoting stuff and producing content. This time, I'd like to pay a bit more attention to these things now that I've gotten into this blogging business. Making the second one was definitely harder than the first one even though we had a script and everything! The filming was hard; It was such a cold windy day, I had EVERY line voiced over and poor Brooke was freezing! I'd asked her to take her glasses and jumper off so we could have continuity from the first movie. But she soldiered on despite freezing to death and having a headache from not wearing her glasses! I had to re-edit it a few times which takes time and effort and I don't know whether I'm completely satisfied but I've done my very best! Both were overall very fun to make and they're something in my childhood to be proud of! So go ahead and watch them again and tell me what you think!



Thank you for watching and reading! Please consider supporting this blog by liking the Facebook page, commenting on posts or donating by clicking the donate button! Thank you so much!

Spread out Your Opinions

No comments:

Post a Comment