Pages

Wednesday 12 July 2017

Learning Languages!! By Marnie Harrington

Learning Languages!!
By Marnie Harrington

(There's a video about this topic down below after you've read this post, or you could just skip to it straight away!)

Learning languages is a requirement for homeschooling when you register in Victoria.

Many homeschoolers (and most people) learn a language at some point in their lives, whether it be because of their ethnic backgrounds, or they have a particular place they want to visit or have family in, maybe just curiosity of another culture! I decided to learn Mandarin because
mum and I reckon China is the way of the future! A lot of people speak mandarin in the world and I'm also getting into retail and thought it would be handy to know it and it might be good on my resume!


Learning a language, like anything, is fun sometimes but very frustrating at other times. It's really hard when you first start learning it I found. The first year of learning Mandarin was very hard for me and I felt like it was so hopeless! I had pretty much nothing to do with anything Chinese and I just couldn't get into the swing of it But I stuck at it and after a year, I had gotten my head around the way of the language and I improved very much! 


We had also hired a tutor. So with my private tutor, the teacher from VSL (Victorian school of languages) I Skype with, and the new Distance Ed material I'm really picking it up and I enjoy it too! So I've learned, If it seems hopeless at the beginning, but you can still see value in learning it, just stick at it for another year! Also it's good to invest in things to help you learn the language like choosing the more expensive option of distance Ed and hiring a tutor. I enjoy learning Mandarin very much now.

Spread out Your Opinions

No comments:

Post a Comment